What is relief from tinnitus worth?
A good night’s sleep, quiet conversations with friends, peace of mind. If you have tinnitus, it’s the simple things you can’t put a price on that can feel just out of reach. Lenire could be able to help.
The Tinnitus Challenge
If you have tinnitus, you’re not alone. It’s a common medical condition estimated to affect 10-15% of the global population. The British Tinnitus Association estimate that 1 in 8 people in the UK have tinnitus. It’s a neurological issue which people experience as a sound that does not have an external source.
Due to the nature of tinnitus, finding a clinically effective treatment for the majority of patients remains a significant challenge for the healthcare ecosystem.
Did you know that:
- Patients with tinnitus had more primary health care visits compared to people without tinnitus, with an average of four more primary care consultations in one year. They were also more frequently referred to medical specialists.1
- In the UK, a Neuromod poll found that 76% of tinnitus patients have never used any form of tinnitus treatment with almost 60% of patients not feeling informed about their tinnitus treatment options.2
- The cost to the UK healthcare system for one quality adjusted life year (QALY) gained for tinnitus patients is £10,600.3 A QALY is a healthcare measure for a year of good health.
- As of July 2021, 58.8% of people on NHS England waiting lists for ENTs were waiting up to 18 weeks for referral to treatment.4
What if you could overcome these healthcare challenges and enjoy the simple things again by investing in your own tinnitus treatment and starting it in days?
Lenire Can Help
Lenire is a tinnitus treatment device which has shown to be effective in reducing the symptoms of tinnitus.
- 86.2% of treatment compliant participants reported improvement in tinnitus symptoms after 12 weeks of treatment.6
- Encouragingly 80.1% of compliant participants reported a reduction that was sustained for 12 months after treatment ended.
Lenire is now available in the UK for people with tinnitus through private practice from £2,300. Book your free introductory call with our team to discuss how you can get started in days.
Need more information?
Book a free introductory call to learn more
How Lenire Works
Lenire applies bimodal neuromodulation, the pairing of mild electrical stimulation to the tongue with sound stimulation. This pairing works to retrain neurons in the brain to reduce its attention and sensitivity to the tinnitus sound.
Lenire is prescribed for you by our qualified healthcare professionals after an assessment of your tinnitus. The device’s sound and tongue stimulation are configured specifically for your tinnitus which enables you to self-administer your personalised treatment plan from the comfort of your own home.
1Rademaker et al, 2021
2Neuromod research, 2021
3Stockdale et al, 2017
4NHS England Statistics, July 2021
5Conlon et al., Sci. Transl. Med. 12, eabb2830 (2020)
6As measured by Tinnitus Handicap Inventory